DECREE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN In recent years complex measures have been taken in the Republic of Azerbaijan in the field of development of consumer products, for the supply with high-quality products and protection of the health of people. Main directions of these measures are the rapid development and promotion of local production, establishment of propitious circumstances for entrepreneurs, involvement of foreign investment and extension of foreign economic relations. Despite the measures taken in this field, commodities circulated in consumer market are not always in conformity with high quality, safety indications and adopted standards. In market there are also the commodities obtained illegally by contraband. This case is encountered in the market of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products more frequently. As the result, being illegally produced in the country and imported from other countries the alcoholic beverages and tobacco products cause a real danger to the health of population, and seriously damages the economic interests of the country. Emerged situation makes obligatory the improvement of state regulation and conductance of additional measures in the field of production and circulation of ethyl (food) alcohol, alcoholic beverages and tobacco products. With the view of protecting economic interests of the country, strengthening the protection of health and rights of consumers, protecting internal market from law-quality products and preventing illegal circulation of commodities, I hereby resolve:
on additional measures in the field of improvement of state regulation related to the production and circulation of some consumer products
1. the words "wine cognac, vodka and other alcoholic beverages, list of which is defined by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan" to be added to point 10 (after the words "alcoholic beverages) of Annex 2, list of activities requiring special permission (license) (Collection of Legislation of the Republic of Azerbaijan, 2002, no. 9, Article 555; 200, no. 3, Article 153, no. 10, Article 570; 2005, no. 2, Article 69; Decree no. 232, dated April 27, 2005 of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan) approved by the decree no. 782, dated September 2, 2002 of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the improvement of the rules for granting special permission (license) to some activities ".
Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan within one month shall:
2. Prepare and approve with the agreement of the Executive Office of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan the measures for the production, import and export of alcoholic beverages, ethyl (food) alcohol, tobacco products, providing the usage of only the raw materials with known origin in order to protect the life and health of people, for protecting internal market from unfair competition and observance to fair competition principles, precluding illegal production as well as the production and import of law -quality products, and elimination of the cases of contraband;
2.2. Prepare suggestions related to the improvement of additional terms for granting special agreement (license) in order to improve state surveillance over quality indications with regard to production, import and sale of alcoholic beverages, ethyl (food) alcohol and tobacco products and approve them with the agreement of the Executive Office of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
2.3. Take the measures necessary for the realization of scientific researches of higher priority for the development of this field and preparing highly qualified personnel in this field;
2.4. Define the list of alcoholic beverages and commodity code in accordance with the list.
3. Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan to realize the measures necessary for the enforcement of this Decree.
4. State Committee of Statistics of the Republic of Azerbaijan to provide in statistical reports, per region indication of the processed volume of grape products produced in the Republic of Azerbaijan
5. This decree comes into force from the day of its publication.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Baku city, August 30, 2005