INSTRUCTION ON THE STATE REGISTER OF MEASURING INSTRUMENTS This Instruction defines general requirements for putting pattern approved measuring instruments produced in the country or imported separately or in batches into the State register in the State Committee for Standardization, Metrology and Patent of the Republic of Azerbaijan (hereinafter called Committee). These requirements are applied to all types of measuring instruments in the fields where state metrological control and inspection is required as provided by the law "on the provision of the unity of measurements" of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
1. General requirements
1.1. State register of measuring instruments (MI) is intended for the registration of pattern approved measuring instruments produced in the country or imported either separately or in batches and put on the production line in the territory of the Republic after going through metrological attestation for the definition of their conformity with the approved types.
1.2. Registration of MI in state register is an inseparable part of complex technical organizational measures for the authorization of MI to production and for being used in the Republic of Azerbaijan.
1.3. State register is maintained due to following targets:
-registration of the MI put on the production line and authorized for production and utilization in the Republic of Azerbaijan;
-establishment of the centralized information fund for pattern approved MI;
1.4. State registration of MI, their pattern approval or withdrawal from production line, as well as the information service about State register is realized by the Committee.
1.5. Documents in the form shown in Annexes 1, 2 and 3 shall be submitted for state registration and organization of the state register work;
1.6. State testing materials mentioned in the paragraph 1.5 form the state register fund; and a part of them (with the exception of paragraph 4.3 of this instruction) are stored for unlimited period of time.
2. Consistency in the registration of MI in state register.
2.1. Putting MI into state register, the Committee fulfils following functions:
- state registration of a pattern approved MI;
- establishment of a special information fund for the MI put into state register;
- storage of the state register documents and materials, developed on the basis of the registration of pattern approved MI;
- preparing the information about MI put in mass production in the Republic of Azerbaijan and pattern approved by the Committee for publication;
- prohibiting the exploitation of MI inappropriate with the approved type and withdrawing them from state register;
- making corresponding amendments in the state register on the basis of the relevant decision by Committee administration.
3. Consistency in the registration of pattern approved MI.
3.1. Registration of a pattern approved MI is realized on the basis of technical documents - Certificate approved by Committee administration.
3.2. Validity term of the certificate is defined by the Committee as 5 years.
3.3. State registration is carried out in accordance with defined order.
3.4. Information about the type approval of MI is included into the state register in accordance with the form shown in Annex 4.
3.5. A registration number is issued for each MI. The last two digits in the registration number indicate the year of pattern approval. The last two digits of the registration number is followed by «/A» symbol, in case of the registration of the MI gone through metrological attestation.
3.6. in case the number of the MI exceeding 20 (batch) the type is approved by carrying out state acceptance tests, if less it is registered in the state register by carrying out a metrological attestation.
3.7. Name and type of MI is shown in the state register on the basis of approved documents. Certificate issued for MI brought from abroad contains the term of validity.
3.8. Following changes can be made in the state register on the basis of the decision made by the Committee Administration:
- mass production and introduction into service of MI in the Republic of Azerbaijan and prolongation of the registration term of the Mİ imported in batches from abroad;
- changing the type of the approved MI in connection with a change in new normative and technical documents;
- last digits of the registration number remains the same, in case of any modification to MI.
3.9. A certificate approving the conformity with the type as provided in Annex 5 is issued for the MI which was subject to state national acceptance test. Certificate with the form shown in Annex 6 is issued for the MI which was subject to metrological attestation.
3.10. MI prepared in the Republic of Azerbaijan and included into the state register as well as its operation manual is affixed with state register mark with the dimension indicated in Annex 7.
4. Consistency for the withdrawal of MI from state register
4.1. Withdrawal of the approved MI types from state register is realized by Committee decision about their withdrawal form production line.
4.2. Within 10 days after the adoption of the relevant decision the following is added to the state register:
- note about the suspension of the mass production and delivery of the MI in batches from abroad.
5. Information service about state register
5.1. Information service for the enterprises and organizations as well as for the metrological organizations of foreign countries is realized by the Committee in accordance with the defined order.
5.2. Information about the type approved MI, as well as the notification about their withdrawal from state register is published in the special printing house of the Committee.
5.3. Periodicity and preparation order, as well as the requirements of the order for giving information on the basis of the state register fund is defined on the basis of the regulatory documents approved by the Committee.
5.4. Information service and its reimbursement is realized on the basis of the contract or a letter of guarantee between interested parties.
List of the documents necessary for the state acceptance test of the MI produced in the country is as follows:
1. Technical assignment approved in accordance with the defined order
2. Draft technical specification approved by the chief of the developing enterprise (in case of the lack of state and branch standards)
3. Operation manual
4. Draft documents of examination methods
5. Assembly drawing of the MI
6. Results of the tests previously carried out by the enterprise
7. Draft type description of the newly developed MI
8. 13x18 or 18x24 cm photo of the overall look of the MI
9. Draft program of the state acceptance test approved by the Committee for the newly developed MI
List of the documents necessary for the state acceptance test of the MI imported from abroad is as follows:
1. Prospective of the company producing MI
2. Complex technical documents of the MI
3. 13x18 or 18x24 cm photo of the overall look of the MI
4. Type description of MI for its state registration
5. Examination method of MI.
Note: 1.Documents of the producing company shall be submitted in translation into Azerbaijani.
2. National normative technical documents are enclosed in case of references in the submitted documents.
List of the documents necessary for the metrological attestation of MI is as follows:
1. For the developed MI:
technical assignment for development;
technical specification, technical description, operation manual;
draft program for metrological attestation, method of examination, normative and technical documents of the instruments.
2. Complex of the technical documents of the MI delivered separately from abroad:
document reflecting the requirements of the metrological characteristics peculiar for the MI;
type description and operation manual of the MI for state registration;
Examination method of MI.